- Fixed problem with background stars over blue sun. [Thanks to Xephyr]
- Teraton chrysalis should stop spawning after Teraton nest is destroyed. [Thanks to Ho'okoa]
- Fixed crash caused by GDI leak. [Thanks to Rhonda Reese]
- Fixed memory leak in A* pathfinder.
- Rebalanced station HP. [Thanks to Shrike]
- Omsk II deflectors are now Military. [Thanks to Kris Parker]
- Starfield improvements.
- Fixed error reporting when there is a duplicate image UNID.
- Typo: "fuelFount" -> "fuelFound". [Thanks to Rhonda Reese]
- Typo: "viruss" -> "viruses" [Thanks to Shrike]
- #320: Fixed bug with Arco Vaughn mission. [Thanks to PKodon and Xephyr]
- Intro Screen: 'P' and 'Shift-P' to cycle through POVs in intro screen. [Thanks to bimbel]
- Intro Screen: 'O' to switch POV to opponent.
- Intro Screen: 'K' to kill current ship.
- Intro Screen: 'D' to duplicate current ship.
- Improved painting of armor display. [Thanks to Xephyr]
- Typo: "%brother" -> "%brother%". [Thanks to Shrike]
- Fixed a crash in OnObjDestroyed (caused by recursion when destroying a crate that destroys itself when empty). [Thanks to Blitz]
- Fixed a potential crash bug in CFleetCommandAI if a target is a station instead of a ship.
- Improved loading and intro screen.
- Ranx gunships are now slower.
- Barbary-class gunships no longer show up in level 3.
- ICX missile defense is now level IV and more powerful. [Thanks to Ho'okoa and Wolfy]
- Salvagers no longer dock while under attack. [Thanks to Blitz]
- Elysium no longer has random encounters. [Thanks to Kris Parker]
- Fixed holes in the Battle Arena. [Thanks to (name here) and sdw195 and others]
- Charon Pirates are different sovereigns from Marauders.
- Added <Escorts> element to <ShipClass>.
- Added actualPrice boolean attribute to <Trade> sub-elements.
- Fixed a bug in which Thor's sometimes generated items that don't coalesce. [Thanks to Kaypy]
- Player's autons (and escorts) should not report the player as a pirate. [Thanks to JimmyJ]
- Docked ships should not paint on the target display. [Thanks to Kris Parker]
- Generic damage absorbed by overlays based on min value. [Thanks to Betelgeuse]
- Fixed a bug in which player was arrested at First Contact Monument even though it was destroyed. [Thanks to Shrike]
- Fixed spurious "Enemy ships detected" message in Battle Arena. [Thanks to PKodon and Drayk]
- Fixed a bug in which Kate Morgental doesn't recognize the player in Heretic even after Battle Arena meeting. [Thanks to Kris Parker]
- Fixed a bug in which sound effects were not being properly attenuated based on distance.
- Fixed incorrect message when player's autons attack gladiators in Arena. [Thanks to Blitz]
- Style: Fixed overuse of "much" in sentence in St. K's. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- #288: Fixed a bug in which AI sometimes fires incorrectly with semi-turret weapons. [Thanks to Blitz]
- #315: Svalbard wreck is immutable (otherwise, game would be unwinnable). [Thanks to Wolfy]
- #311: Fixed display of weapons for Arena challengers. [Thanks to sdw195 and Blitz]
- Rotted food has appropriate response when donated to Container Habitats or Sisters. [Thanks to Shrike]
- #306: In Korolov attack on Charon base, leader should not outrun the player. [Thanks to Blitz]
- #287: Fixed targeting order so it is always based on distance. [Thanks to PKodon]
- #318: Fixed a bug in which destination arrow is not cleared after Commonwealth Militia mission. [Thanks to speedofsquid]
- Typo: "This a lighter..." -> "This is a lighter..." [Thanks to Branden]
- Typo: "Arco Vaugh" -> "Arco Vaughn". [Thanks to TheLastBrunnenG]
- Typo: "reasure" -> "reassure". [Thanks to TheLastBrunnenG]
- Typo: "moral enemies" -> "mortal enemies". [Thanks to TheLastBrunnenG]
- Typo: "body of woman" -> "body of a woman". [Thanks to speedofsquid]
- Typo: "...please accept these barrels..." even though there is only one. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- Typo: "...talk with you" -> "...talks with you." [Thanks to Hookoa]
- Typo: "P100" -> "P150". [Thanks to Shrike]
- #270: Rebalanced power usage for weapons. [Thanks to Atarlost and Wolfy]
- Changed 48x48 explosion image.
- New fonts.
- Fixed a bug in which power consumption was not painting properly if weapon fireRate aligned with display paint rate.
- #268: Fixed a bug in which weapon and shield events were not inherited from base class. [Thanks to Betelgeuse]
- #267: Fixed a bug startingShipCriteria. [Thanks to Betelgeuse]
- #245: Items ordered via Corporate Trading Post are always identified. [Thanks to Bimbel]
- #257: Added (objGetEventHandler). [Thanks to Alterecco]
- #275: called for all shots of a repeating shot.
- Added aFireRepeat to <OnFireWeapon>.
- Weapon ammo is consumed after call to <OnFireWeapon>.
- #277: Fixed a bug in which Korolov didn't give out proper reward. [Thanks to Betelgeuse]
- Fixed a bug in which 'gate order to a station (as opposed to a stargate) failed.
- Ferian nest is less sensitive to attack (less chance of spawning warrior).
- Fixed a bug in which '%' inside of (scrSetDesc) was ignored. [Thanks to Drayk]
- #249: Fixed info text in Starton Eridani. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- #271: Overlays absorb generic damage based on average of all other damage.
- #279: Fixed hot key in Heretic dock screen. [Thanks to Blitz]
- #274: Fixed bug in which player ship with "freighter" attribute confuses Korolov. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- Fixed a bug in sysFindObject in which omitting a semi-colon caused unpredictable behavior.
- Fixed a bug in which Teraton defender effect is loaded improperly, leading to crash. [Thanks to Jan Nielsen]
- Armor > level VI now requires military ID (generally).
- Stations no longer install military armor without ID (except for Black Market).
- Sisters have level-appropriate ships.
- Black Market has level-appropriate ships.
- Increased range of all MAGs to 48 light-seconds. [Thanks to Atarlost]
- Commonwealth scavengers stay within 100 ls of home station.
- Commonwealth scavengers don't loot wrecks as frequently.
- Removed WMD from longreach. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- quadro-, hexa-, and octo-carbide are immune to device damage.
- Transuranic armor and neutronium are are immune to disintegration.
- Increased range of Urak mass driver. [Thanks to Atarlost]
- Rebalanced power consumption of weapons to match dps.
- Increased damage of some plasma weapons. [Thanks to Atarlost]
- Sapphire now has 8 device slots.
- Deimos now has 30 degree swivel on main cannon. [Thanks to Atarlost]
- When attacked, stations send guards out to long range. [Thanks to Atarlost]
- CSCs repair damage.
- CSCs move if placed too close to enemy station.
- If the player deals with the Antarctica, Decker does not give mission. [Thanks to kaypy]
- CSC Terra gives some clues about the location of the Antarctica.
- In mission to deliver supplies, if the target station blacklists player, mission fails. [Thanks to Quirk]
- On CSC "Phobos" mission, Phobos now reacts if attacked before player gets there. [Thanks to FAD]
- In recon mission, mission should succeed if target is destroyed instead of reconned. [Thanks to Curudan]
- #247: Added "speed" field for missiles and weapons.
- (typGetDataField) returns integers when appropriate.
- If OnFireWeapon returns Nil, then normal projectile is fired.
- sysFindObject Criteria no longer require semi-colons are delimiters. (spaces are enough)
- #148: Added new return types and args for <OnDamageShields>.
- Added <OnShieldDamage> event for shields.
- itmEnumTypes Criteria no longer require semi-colons as delimiters (spaces are enough).
- typFind Criteria no longer require semi-colons as delimiters (spaces are enough).
- Added (objIsParalyzed).
- ENTITYs accept whitespace (not just spaces). [Thanks to digdug]
- typFind should exclude virtual classes by default; 'V' should include them. [Thanks to alterecco]
- Added (objIsAngryAt).
- Added /1024 switch to force into 1024x768 resolution.
- Bad things happen if player uses jumpdrive while EMP'ed.
- Uranium rod refuels ship (with some chance of creating radioactive waste).
- High-level Makayev station.
- Don't allow installation of illegal weapons in Commonwealth/Military docks. [Thanks to OddBob]
- Adjusted station positions around planets.
- #248: Fixed paint issue in which player ship sometimes paints behind station when docking. [Thanks to speedofsquid]
- Fixed description of cannon accelerator (said +75% bonus, but it's only +50%). [Thanks to David Rotberg]
- Fixed a problem with blts after change to multi-threaded. [Thanks to Shrike]
- Fixed a bug when an enhancement is applied on top of a blue etherium enhancement. [Thanks to Ihlosi]
- Fixed an infinite loop bug when convicted of smuggling a sealed container. [Thanks to OddBob]
- Fixed bug in which Huaramarca stargate is revealed with Domina contemplation. [Thanks to darksider]
- Fixed a bug in which Ringers say "You do not have enough credits..." for items that cost 0 credits. [Thanks to darksider]
- Sisters know the value of items even if unidentified. [Thanks to darksider]
- Fixed description for the Mule Auton cargo capacity. [Thanks to darksider]
- In Huari mission to rescue slaves, if transport wreck is destroyed, mission fails. [Thanks to Quirk]
- Fixed a bug which caused some stations to end up too close to each other.
- Fixed a hole in the Arena (near doors).
- Increased A* loops to improve chances of finding a path.
- Fixed a crash when docked with the St K's arcology and items are removed. [Thanks to namer4]
- Fixed a crash when gating during recursive zoanthrope bug. [Thanks to goat not sheep]
- Added Commonwealth Fortress Mission: Destroy a random enemy station in the system.
- Added <OnGlobalPlayerEnteredSystem>.
- Added <OnGlobalPlayerLeftSystem>.
- #21: Added <OnFireWeapon> event for weapons.
- Added "name" field for sovereigns and adventure extensions.
- Added (isprimitive) function to distinguish between lambda expressions and built-in functions.
- #192: Added "generic" damage type.
- If player kills enough raiders around Raisu, then Arco Vaughn mission is available.
- Silicon armor patches and repairing nanos use player's armor repair skill.
- Armor sellers have more armor repair items.
- Explosions are more powerful.
- Blt in background if possible.
- Docked ships now paint in order with respect to the station.
- #228: Fixed a bug uninstalling virtual devices. [Thanks to Betelgeuse]
- Raisu station no longer gets Commonwealth traffic. [Thanks to Shrike]
- Prevented circular references in escort orders. [Thanks to goat not sheep]
- Trade route ships now only dock with populated stations.
- Fixed Commonwealth Fortress's intercept convoy mission so it doesn't happens too soon. [Thanks to fossaman]
- Strip out % from player names.
- No random encounters in Heretic system.
- Fixed a crash when Communicating with a ship that inherits from a class with no Comms handlers. [Thanks to Bobby]
- #237: HP bonus to shield is applied after all other HP increases.
- #122: No more rumors of Arco Vaughn after he has been killed.
- #201: Fixed a bug in which Ringer shipyards don't have the appropriate error when there's not enough room to swap a device. [Thanks to speedofsquid]
- #239: Sound volume 0 mutes all sounds.
- #185: Fix problem with ImplementCloseOnImmobileTarget.
- Fixed bug in which Centauri occupations spawn friendly patrols. [Thanks to retroactive]
- Fixed a crash bug when resurrecting [Thanks to Betelgeuse and digdug]
- Fixed a crash when invoking Sustain while out of ammo.
- Fixed a bug in which weapon keeps firing after switching. [Thanks to Atarlost]
- Fixed error when returning from Militia mission in St. Kats (scrShowPane "Default"). [Thanks to fossaman]
- Fixed a problem with spurious "Invalid painter creator" errors.
- Ferians are now neutral and turn to enemies (per colony) if colony destroyed.
- Hammerhead class is now slower.
- Player will not be accused of piracy if enemy ships in the area.
- Heretic stations don't blacklist the player. [Thanks to Atarlost]
- Better job of separating enemy stations.
- Destination marker to Heretic station under attack.
- Distress signal from Heretic stations under attack come sooner.
- Stations in Heretic are no longer uncharted (can be found with system map rom).
- Sentinels in Heretic should take longer to show up.
- Added combatStyle="chase".
- Ignore extension folders and files prefixed with a dot. [Thanks to alterecco]
- (objAddOverlay) returns overlayID (or Nil). [Thanks to Atarlost]
- Added (objGetNamedItems). [Thanks to Betelgeuse]
- Added enemyExclusionRadius attrib to <StationType>.
- Added exclusionRadius attrib to <Orbitals>.
- Show damage type icons in help.
- Visual enhancement marker colors match LRS colors. [Thanks to bimbel]
- Intro screen no longer shows virtual classes. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- Fixed a crash in the intro screen. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- Fixed a bug in which you end up with no opponents in the arena. [Thanks to Prophet]
- Fixed a bug with player ship selection screen and item references. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- Fixed Victorian nightclub and maintenance level so they buy illegals again. [Thanks to fossaman]
- Reverted change that (eq 0 Nil) evals to True. [Thanks to Atarlost and alterecco]
- Fixed conflicting menu accelerator in First Contact Monument. [Thanks to digdug]
- Fixed conflicting menu accelerator in arena Dock Services. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- Fixed an error when destroying an Iocrym outpost in the Heretic system. [Thanks to Prophet]
- Fixed a bug in which freighters (and others) were not using their weapons. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a ship to target the player after player left system. [Thanks to fossaman]
- (objDamage) function creates fragments, if necessary. [Thanks to Prophet]
- Fixed animation for Kytryn blaster. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- Fixed a bug in which unknown items don't show up properly on ship selection screen
- Wingmen no longer chase targets unless ordered to. [Thanks to Atarlost]
- Fixed problem with waiting wingmen.
- If Helena's wreck is destroyed while Volkov is docked, he drifts away. [Thanks to fossaman]
- Helena's wreck should not appear in any system before Volkov is encountered.
- Fixed price of Ceratops 5T. [Thanks to Aeonic]
- Wingmen should stay out of player's line of fire.
- Sapiens Compound should not produce missiles if destroyed. [Thanks to speedofsquid]
- Fixed bug with unknown devices not forming proper plurals. [Thanks to Nate879]
- Laser collimators should not stack. [Thanks to omniaddict]
- Fixed bogus fire rate when longreach device is installed. [Thanks to Bimbel]
- Enabled structured exception handling.
- Fixed bug in which IM90 no longer picks separate targets. [Thanks to BloodEagle and Atarlost]
- (int "some string") should return Nil if it could not be parsed. [Thanks to alterecco]
- Improved AI when attacking fixed targets.
- Typo in battle arena 'your' -> 'you'. [Thanks to SparcMan]
- Typo in First Contact Monument 'where' -> 'were'. [Thanks to BloodEagle]
- New Battle Arena implementation.
- New Heretic system implementation.
- New St. Katharine's Star implementation.
- Rebalanced weapons, shields, and armor.
- Shield damage adjustment is shallower.
- Armor >= level VI is immune to blinding
- Armor >= level VII is immune to radiation
- Armor >= level IX is immune to EMP
- Armor >= level XI is immune to device damage
- Improved wingmen.
- Added Ferian warriors.
- Kobols have better (ion resistent) armor.
- Ventari have better (ion resistent) armor.
- Sung Slavers are immune to ion effects.
- Ringers and Teratons don't pay as much for items.
- Decreased the chance of items surviving in wrecks.
- Enemies do not waste missiles if target is over a planet or station.
- NavPaths avoid obstacles, such as Arena walls.
- Added Longreach I autocannon.
- Aegis auton uses Longreach I autocannon.
- Increased speed; decreased range of Strelka.
- Decreased range/speed of MAGs; increased damage.
- Jumpdrive takes longer to recharge.
- Dual flensers level V instead of VI.
- Added hydrogen and liquid oxygen tanks.
- Added more weapon enhancers.
- Added Cyclotron and Ceratops shield generators.
- Added more NAMI missiles.
- Added Makayev omni weapon.
- Added Moskva dual cannon.
- Added Ballista cannon.
- Added NM900 external missile pod.
- No insurance in Huaramarca system.
- Better hit effects for matter weapons.
- Added overlays.
- Added inherit= attribute to inherit <Events>, <StaticData>, and <Communications>.
- Insurance now implemented in XML.
- Added <GetGlobalResurrectPotential> and <OnGlobalResurrect>
- Added <OnSystemWeaponFire>
- Added <OnSystemExplosion>
- Added <OnObjJumpPosAdj>
- Added <OnDockObjAdj>
- Added <OnTranslateMessage>
- Added <OnLoad> event for objects.
- Added <OnCreate> for <Station> tags in system definitions.
- Added <OnDamageArmor>, <OnDamageShields>, and <OnDamageOverlay>.
- Added <OnPlayerLeftSystem> and <OnPlayerEnteredSystem> for ships.
- Removed the limit on secondary weapons.
- <ItemType> elements can have <DockScreens>
- Added <Group> element to <Display>
- Display elements now animate (once per 10 ticks).
- Added alternating= attribute to <Configuration> element.
- In <Shields>, if absorbAdj is missing, assume 100%.
- Added nextKey= and prevKey= for <Action>
- Comparing against Nil is treated as comparison against 0.
- Added <Offset> element for creating objects using cartessian coordinates.
- <Orbitals> equidistant angle attribute now takes a dice range (e.g., angle="equidistant:1-10").
- Added minSeparation attribute for <Orbitals>
- Added aggressor= attribute to <AISettings>
- Added enhanced= and enhancement= attributes to <ArmorSection>.
- Added angle= attrib to <Siblings>.
- Added "orbit" order (same as "patrol" but does not chase enemies).
- "attack" order now takes optional timer argument.
- "escort" order now takes optional escort position (angle, radius).
- Added new syxtax rules to item names for pluralization and short names.
- % prefix on lambda variables prevent evaluation.
- Lambda expressions bind their local scope.
- Added aOrderGiver to <OnDestroy> and <OnObjDestroyed>.
- Added aWeaponType to all OnDamage events.
- useKey= attrib on <ItemType> to set shortcut for items with useScreen.
- <AutoDefenseDevice> use fireRate (instead of rechargeTime).
- <AutoDefenseDevice> are always omni.
- <EnhancerDevice> now has criteria= and activateAdj= attributes.
- Added +damageType:xyz to item criteria.
- Fixed a bug in TransCode: ';' after a symbol did not parse correctly.
- Added (objSuspend) and (objResume).
- Added (objGetDataField).
- Added (subset).
- (count) on a string returns the number of characters.
- Added (objRegisterForSystemEvents) and (objUnregisterForSystemEvents).
- (plyDestroy) requires passive voice (prepend 'was') unless no object caused the death.
- Added (objFixParalysis).
- Added (objAddBuyOrder) and (objAddSellOrder) to modify <Trade> items.
- Added (typFind).
- Added (typGetDataField).
- Added (staSetShowMapLabel).
- Added (unvGetRealDate).
- Added (sovGetDisposition).
- Added (objCanDetectTarget).
- Added (shpSetPlayerWingman).
- Added (typFireObjEvent).
- Added extra parameter to (find) to find an entry in a list.
- Added (lookup) function.
- (objCommunicate) now takes string message identifiers.
- (scrSetDesc) now concatenates multiples args.
- (plyMessage) now concatenates multiple args.
- Added (objDamage).
- objSource for (objDamage) and (sysCreateWeaponFire) can be lists.
- Added (objSetItemData).
- Added (objSetItemCharges) and (objIncItemCharges).
- (sysCreateWeaponFire) takes Nil for angle to autotarget. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- (objAddItem) clears installed flag, if set. [Thanks to Betelgeuse]
- Added (abs).
- Added (sysCreateShipwreck).
- (isInt) on Nil returns Nil.
- (block) accepts initializers for locals.
- (sysFindObject) order criteria works for all orders.
- Added 'Z' flag to exclude player from (sysFindObject).
- Fixed a save file corruption bug that happened when the file gets larger than 1MB.
- Fixed a crash bug when gating out of a system with a Fleet Command AI follower. [Thanks to Wolfy]
- Fixed a (potential) crash bug when using (objSetObjRefData) on gPlayerShip and then gating out.
- Fixed a bug in which epilog is incorrect when escaping Heretic system. [Thanks to Darth Saber]
- Fixed a problem in which gPlayer is Nil after collecting insurance. [Thanks to Fatboy]
- Fixed a bug in Teraton research chamber (typo unvGetTime -> unvGetTick) [Thanks to TaviRider]
- Fixed a bug: pirateStatusLeft -> pirateStationsLeft. [Thanks to Wolfy and darksider]
- Fixed a bug in which Dvalin gives one armor segment instead of four. [Thanks to darksider]
- Fixed a bug in which wingmen are lost after insurance claim.
- itmSetEnhanced and itmSetDamaged apply to multiple items.
- Fixed a bug in which saving the game in the middle of Ag station mission leaves gState undefined. [Thanks to Bobby]
- Player target is cleared after mission to retrieve Huari slaves. [Thanks to darksider]
- CSC's need definite article. [Thanks to Sheltem]
- 'F' no longer selects inert objects (like arena walls).
- Mission targeting is now separate from targeting ROM target. [Thanks to Aeonic]
- (obj*) calls are checked for invalid obj param. [Thanks to Betelgeuse]
- Stations can use missile weapons.
- Fixed a bug in which Phobos mission succeeds if player dies and has insurance. [Thanks to fossaman]
- Fixed a bug in which flare effects were not working. [Thanks to digdug]
- Fixed a bug in which tracking weapons did not work if heading away from target.
- Fixed a bug when passing functions as parameters. [Thanks to l0mars01]
- Fixed a bug when outputing item structs. [Thanks to alterecco]
- Fixed a bug when calling (scrShowScreen) inside <OnInit>.
- Fixed hang with (power) function with negative exponents. [Thanks to Betelgeuse]
- Fixed vapor trails so they align with rotation angle. [Thanks to digdug]
- Fixed a bug in which docking may cause player to get stuck on Arena walls. [Thanks to Markus Eckert]
- Fixed typo: "imaging" -> "imgaine" [Thanks to TaviRider]
- Fixed typo: "2 jewel of contemplations" [Thanks to Cardinal and TaviRider]
- Fixed typo: "2 Centauri recoillesses" [Thanks to darksider]
- Fixed typo in DK10 Arbalest; fires four shells, not three.
- Fixed typo: "Ares carrier" -> "Ares dreadnought" [Thanks to Wolfy]
- Fixed continuity error: "If you stay with the Fleet, you should make Captain..." except player is already a Fleet Captain to get the mission. [Thanks to FAD]
- Fixed continuity error: "We taught them a lesson the next year..." even though CSC Europa was destroyed only a few months ago. [Thanks to Bobby]
- Fixed a bug in which 0.99a game files were corrupted by 0.99b. [Thanks to evilbob]
- Fixed a bug in which AI does not use missiles. [Thanks to Markus Eckert and Vastin]
- Fixed a bug in which gates led to the wrong system because the saved game system map was corrupted.
- Fixed a potential bug in the order that the topology was created.
- Huari no longer attack autons or wingmen once they are friendly. [Thanks to digdug]
- Raisu station does not offer missiles/launcher multiple times. [Thanks to Cardinal]
- Fixed a bad message when pressing Tab with the DM1500 installed. [Thanks to GambitDash]
- Fixed a bug in which the universe is re-initialized if loading a system causes an error. [Thanks to Bobby]
- Fixed Huari code that was erroneously using plyComposeMessage instead of plyComposeString. [Thanks to Jason Schapiro]
- Fixed a bug in Sisters donation (some items did not count properly). [Thanks to Cardinal]
- Fixed a crash bug when loading certain kinds of effects. [Thanks to Aquilai]
- Agricultural station offers to decontaminate radioactive player.
- If a player destroys a station with a crate bomb, the player is blamed. [Thanks to fossaman]
- Iocrym wreck is harder to destroy. [Thanks to fossaman and others]
- Fixed a bug in epitaph: "Joe imprisoned for..." -> "Joe was imprisoned for..."
- Fixed adventure extensions so they work with .tdbs [Thanks to Periculi]
- Fixed ship AI so that low-maneuverability ships (like EI200) can dock properly. [Thanks to Cardinal]
- Fixed error after completing Huari mission. [Thanks to Hades]
- Fixed bug when mission to destroy Charon base is the first Korolov mission. [Thanks to FAD]
- Fixed bug in worldship armor plate (it was not resistant to anything). [Thanks to Sheltem]
- Korolov works harder to avoid running out of dock ports. [Thanks to Vastin]
- Adjusted chance of wreck explosion so that higher-level shipwrecks are more difficult to destroy.
- Enhanced Arco Vaughn AI so that he warns player before going for the kill.
- Decreased Arco Vaughn's fire rate so he is not so deadly.
- Fixed crash due to improper deleting of an item from an item list. [Thanks to Yugi]
- Fixed crash when system has a saved particle effect. [Thanks to Jason Schapiro]
- Adjusted some beam weapon ranges to be shorter.
- Decreased max firing range for most low-level gunships.
- Decreased the number of Sung stations that must be destroyed before Huari become friends.
- Improved armor of Antares freighters.
- Added out-of-memory checks to sysFindObject.
- Container explosions are now a little weaker.
- Decreased WMD value for standard explosions.
- Eliminated chain reactions from asteroid ejecta. [Thanks to Cardinal]
- Fixed a bug in which wreck hp were getting reset after loading a game.
- Added maxStructuralHitPoints to ship class to set the structural hit point of a wreck. [Thanks to fossaman]
- Added <HitEffect> for shields. [Thanks to oddbob]
- Added (dbgLog) to output to Debug.log. [Thanks to betelgeuse]
- aDestroyer param is valid <OnDestroy> even if destroyed cannot attack.
- (objGetOrderGiver) now optionally takes a destroy reason.
- aDestroyReason parameter added to <OnDestroy> and <OnObjDestroyed>.
- Added fireRangeAdj attribute to AISettings.
- Added (objGetOpenDockingPortCount) function.
- Added (sqrt) math function.
- Added (power) math function.
- <InitialPane> is evaluated in list screens [Thanks to Periculi]
- Added <OnAttacked> event for ships and stations.
- Added <OnDamage> event for ships.
- Added "aim" order for standard ship AI.
- Fixed typo in (sysGetSystemType) help. [Thanks to Periculi]
- Fixed typo: "The Light speak to..." -> "The Light speaks to..." [Thanks to Yugi]
- Fixed typo: "...struggles to whispers..." -> "...struggles to whisper..." [Thanks to Yugi]
- Fixed typo: "...all Charon station..." -> "...all Charon stations..." [Thanks to Bobby]
- Fixed crash when Juan Carlos's freighter shows up in intro screen. [Thanks to digdug]
- Fixed crash if (shp...) or (sta...) functions are passed a Nil value.
- Fixed bug in mining ("Unable to find item in list"). [Thanks to bimbel]
- Fixed crash when any station with reflective armor is hit. [Thanks to Hades]
- Fixed crash with Adventure extensions. [Thanks to Periculi]
- Fixed bug when deploying Kronosaurus after destroying 3 Charon bases. [Thanks to F50]
- Fixed bug with getting promoted to master after already being legend. [Thanks to F50]
- Added debug code to display fonts selected with /debugVideo switch.
- Version 0.99 Article.
- Version 0.99 Modding Features.
- Added station explosions. [Thanks to digdug]
- Added capital ship explosions.
- New Korolov features.
- All Domina powers now working.
- New Huari missions.
- Stations pay less money for items that they are less interested in.
- Mining is less efficient unless player has a mining cargo hold (decreases mining exploits).
- Visual display enhancement no longer required for missions.
- Switching weapons takes time (eliminates hold-down-W-key exploit).
- Number of Dwarg masters at Dwarg gatherings reduced.
- Removed a couple of systems in the late game.
- Decreased the frequency of random encounters.
- Some missiles now have hit points.
- Some station inventory is damaged when the station is destroyed.
- LRS distinguishes between active and abandoned stations.
- LRS distinguishes between wrecks and stations.
- Shields display show enhancements.
- Some stations allow installing a device immediately after buying.
- Show help for using missiles.
- Fixed crash when dropping items into a Teraton fabricator with no items in cargo hold. [Thanks to omniaddict]
- Fixed crash when extension overrides a DockScreen. [Thanks to Heavy Stylus]
- Fixed a problem in which Luminous was not correctly evolving to resist particle and blast damage. [Thanks to kaypy and darksider]
- Fixed a coding error in Point Juno when beta fleet attacks. [Thanks to darksider]
- Fixed incorrect levelFrequency pattern for some stations. [Thanks to Periculi]
- Fixed problem with debug console not updating until user types. [Thanks to betelgeuse]
- Fixed bug in which (dbgOutput) did not work while docked.
- Fixed a crash in (armGetHitPoints). [Thanks to betelgeuse]
- Fixed a bug in which radius damage was being calculated incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug with more than two <Fragment> elements in a weapon.
- Fixed a typo in help text for (objJumpTo). [Thanks to betelgeuse]
- Fixed improper background in Trading Post dock screen. [Thanks to Petrus]
- Fixed typo: "non-Commonwealth station" -> "non-Commonwealth stations" [Thanks to Charon Mass of Goo]
- Fixed type: "verstile" -> "versatile" [Thanks to Charon Mass of Goo]
- Fixed crash during intro screen.
- Fixed a bug in which stations were not getting notified when another station was destroyed.
- Fixed a bug running in aspect ratios different from 1024x768. [Thanks to Clear Air Turbulence]
- Fixed a bug in which ships immune to ion effects still took damage from ion.
- Fixed a crash when a multi-shot weapon uses a fire effect. [Thanks to P122]
- Fixed a crash when (random) has the wrong number of parameters.
- Fixed a problem clicking on intro screen button without moving the mouse.
- Fixed (itmGetCharges) so that it is accurate for installed items.
- EMP, blinding, and device damage does not do hit point damage to stations.
- Version 0.98d.
- Built using Visual C++ 2005.
- Use GDI instead of DirectX to blt frames.
- Added /dx switch to revert back to DirectX bltting.
- Added a toggle switch to map view to show HUD. [Thanks to Cardinal]
- Fixed crash when opening contraband ammo box. [Thanks to the wanderer]
- Fixed bug/crash in Teraton fabrication chamber [this bug and the one above were caused by a regression that I introduced last version when trying to fix the Smugglers Cargo Hold exploit]
- Fixed bug in which Victorian club accepts invalid items. [Thanks to dvlenk6 and fossaman]
- Message to "Return to base" no longer appears if player did not accept Point Juno mission. [Thanks to hex]
- Radioactive waste no longer affects armor with radiation-immune coating. [Thanks to kaypy]
- Fixed bug in which Tinkers did not make all armor segments radiation-immune. [Thanks to kaypy]
- Fixed weapons crate image. [Thanks to Icabod458]
- Typo: "...but it fully work." -> "...but it didn't fully work." [Thanks to kaypy]
- Typo: "...two month ago" -> "...two months ago" [Thanks to Icabod458]
- Typo: "...see you ticket agent" -> "...see your ticket agent" [Thanks to FAD]
- Player ships now have 40 rotations.
- Added zoom-in and zoom-out to system map.
- Added binary star systems.
- Fixed a bug in Fleet mission to destroy Ares convoy in which player was not getting xp for targets destroyed. [Thanks to weelillad]
- Victorian Nightclub no longer buys illegal items >25 kg (fixes an exploit selling Smugglers Cargo Holds for infinite money). [Thanks to Cardinal]
- Continue button in intro screen is not clickable when hidden. [Thanks to fossaman]
- When applying radiation immune paste to armor that is already radiation immune, player is told that nothing happens. [Thanks to Dorne]
- Tinkers offer to make player radiation-immune when she docks while irradiated.
- rotationCount attribute in ship classes allows for more (or less) than 20 rotations.
- Typo: Point Juno no longer refers to itself as a ship. [Thanks to F50]
- Typo: "Medal of Distinctions" -> "Medals of Distinction" [Thanks to darksider]
- Typo: "Medal of Honors" -> "Medals of Honor" [Thanks to darksider]
- Typo: "I want you to got the..." -> "I want you to go to the..." [Thanks to FAD]
- Fixed crash updating CMissile. [Thanks to frits and Stefan Maier]
- Fixed problem with reactor name not updating after upgrade. [Thanks to kaypy]
Max ship speed is either intrinsic speed or drive upgrade speed (whichever is greater). [Thanks to Betelgeuse]
- Fixed bug in which repairing an item with an enhancement was not working. [Thanks to Burzmali]
- Fixed success message for CSC refugee mission. [Thanks to fossaman]
- Ships in nebula in visual range no longer show up as "unknown hostile". [Thanks to goat_not_sheep]
- Fixed image when docking with Battle Arena. [Thanks to Yugimotomanager]
- Fixed intermittent crash that happened on load game. The problem was that some kinds of effects were not being saved properly. [Thanks to Eric James]
- In Rasiermesser Manufacturing Plant, disable offer button if player has nothing to give (otherwise, game crashes). [Thanks to lootnplunder]
Fixed bug that caused Drakes to not use their missiles when attacking Korolov station in Charon system. [Thanks to kaypy]
- Devices are properly identified in ship selection screen. [Thanks to Yugimotomanager]
- Fixed bug that showed incorrect weapon enhancement bonus. [Thanks to Betelgeuse and bimbel]
- Fixed typo: "our situations is..." -> "our situation is..." [Thanks to hex]
- Fixed typo: "shreded" -> "shredded" [Thanks to Yugimotomanager]
- Fixed typo: "ten thousands stories" -> "ten thousand stories" [Thanks to Yugimotomanager]
- Effect of mass on maneuverability has been lessened greatly.
- Trading Post no longer has unlimited quantities of items. Availability depends on item rarity.
- Fixed crash when passing through a stargate. The problem is related to a bug (as yet un-fixed) that somehow causes missile exhaust data to become invalid. [Thanks to Jeremy Nicoll]
- Trading Post now charges actual value for unknown items. [Thanks to OddBob]
- Trading Post no longer sells cash cards or other items that it doesn't make sense for it to sell. [Thanks to OddBob]
- Trafalgar Pub (on Commonwealth Station) maps some stations that patrons talk about.
- Fixed bug that caused CSCs to wander away when hit by momentum weapons. [Thanks to forums]
- Fixed bug that caused omni weapons to not target some stations and station defenses. The problem was that some stations where not marked with the "canAttack" attribute. [Thanks to Kobell and frits]
- Fixed bug when trying to install high-level weapons at a Ringer Shipyard ("We do not have the technology to install Insufficient arguments...") [Thanks to PlayMeNow]
- When a non-player kills a Dwarg master, zoanthropes are set to the correct sovereign. [Thanks to Clear Air Turbulence]
- Fixed typo in Teraton frabrication table: "+AnitMatter" -> "+AntiMatter" [Thanks to palmiche]
- Fixed typo: "slight" -> "slightly" [Thanks to Dakota]
- Fixed typo: "reservation" -> "reservations" [Thanks to Dakota]
- Fixed non-compliant XML syntax. [Thanks to Burzmali]
- See Version 0.97 page for details of the major features.
- Added Urak warlords.
- Added Dwarg raiders.
- Added more corporate stations.
- Added Teraton stations.
- Added new reactors and fuels.
- Added more armors, weapons, and shields.
- Armor is more powerful at the higher levels.
- Improvements to the Charon system.
- Stations now fire at longer ranges.
- F7 and F8 keys to control volume during a game.
- Grace period when ship runs out of fuel (if there is fuel in cargo hold).
- Prompt before overwriting saved game.
- Support dice-ranges in custom weapons configurations. [Thanks to fossaman]
- All main XML entities are implicitly defined in extensions.
- Support Globals, DockScreen, and Sovereign in extensions.
- Relative UNIDs (@shortcuts) add to base extension UNID (instead of OR'ing). [Thanks to karl]
- Ability to create a weapon with arc of fire (not fully omnidirectional) [Thanks to Yugimotomanager]
- Use gSource instead of gStation for everything.
- Fixed a crash when destroying objects with PK25 morning star. [Thanks to Rick Tengdin and Danny Fremen]
- Don't allow titanium barricades to be used when installed. [Thanks to narthan]
- Targeting arrow goes away after station destroyed. [Thanks to SparcMan]
- Fixed problem with ships getting stuck in Arena.
- Ferians no longer create an infinite number of miners.
- Fuel is preserved when upgrading reactors.
- Invincible deflector should not paralyze ship if it is disabled [Thanks to Dakota]
- Nephren shields don't consume as much power.
- Ion reflector is now only 95% effective [Thanks to Hookoa]
- Reflection doesn't drop as suddenly when shields weaken (but still drops).
- Fixed a problem with Salvagers not attacking bases that attacked them [Thanks to Dakota]
- Fixed a bug with xenophobe worldship weapons (wrong fire arc).
- CSC should arrest you if you kill another CSC (or Point Juno). [Thanks to SparcMan]
- CSCs decontaminate player if radioactive.
- Sisters decontaminate player if radioactive.
- Fixed exploit with upgrading reactor at Black Market and then selling it. [Thanks to Speaker for Treecats and Markus Eckert]
- Corporations ban/kill player if she destroys stations and later docks.
- Corporate cruisers no longer attack each other (if one accidentally destroys a corporate station).
- Destroying centauri occupation is a commonwealth crime.
- Nav beacons around stargates indicate the direction of travel.
- Order of armor segments in list is the same as in armor display. [Thanks to Palmiche]
- Ice Farms now refuse dock if player is radioactive.
- Fragmentation weapons now explode at the end of their lifetime (instead of just fading out).
- Fixed a bug with ion reflector shield that might have caused unpredictable reflection.
- Fixed bug in Marauder Raid Platforms that prevented them from getting missiles as cargo.
- Do not blacklist the player when doing Ag station mission.
- Enemies in nebula can see player at visual range.
- AI no longer fires short-range weapons when they are out-of-range.
- Outbound gate in Rigel Aurelius is farther out from planet (so it is visible in LRS).
- If the player exits the game during a dock screen announcing end-of-game, on restore, the player will be killed appropriately.
- LRS shows nebulae.
- "SatanSurfer0.4" text runs into "cube with no label." [Thanks to Hookoa]
Fixed typo: "...made in small town" -> "...made in a small town." [Thanks to Lypos]
- Fixed typo: "blossom" -> "blossoms." [Thanks to Dakota]
- Fixed typo: "died" -> "dyed." [Thanks to Revolver]
- Fixed Typo: "an Koshiba..."
- Make sure that 7-digit scores are displayed correctly.
- Wolfen gets 7 device slots; 4 of which can be used for non-weapons.
- Installed items no longer use cargo space (but still count as mass).
- Drive upgrade thurst adds to ship class thrust.
- Show separate lists for installed items vs. cargo items. [Thanks to Hookoa]
- Changed target selection UI.
- Show target object when off-screen.
- Increased fire rate for stations.
- AutoSentinels have wait command.
- Fixed incorrect screen flash on armor damage. [Thanks to The Holy Thom and OddBob]
- Command keys work even with Ctrl-key down. [Thanks to schnobs]
- Crates and containers can be destroyed.
- Fixed crash when looting a wreck that gets destroyed. [Thanks to CrazedGamer]
- Fixed crash when firing damaged advanced tritium cannon. [Thanks to Marcus Gavel]
- Fixed crash when station has repeating weapons (e.g., Lancer cannon). [Thanks to fossaman]
- Fixed several typos.
- Weapon recoil honors custom configuration fire direction. [Thanks to fossaman]
- Performance improvements when painting nebulae.
- Performance improvements for Ferians.
- Reflection enhancements are slightly weaker.
- Akan ammo is heavier and more expensive. [Thanks to schnobs]
- Tritium cannon is slightly weaker.
- Fusionfire howitzer is slightly stronger.
- Fragmentation missiles/MAGs no longer get bonus from cannon enhancer.
- Help for various commands.
Changed the image for Halo Gems to distinguish them from other crystals.
- See Version 0.96 page for details of the major features.
- New weapons, including ion flame cannon.
- New armors, including orthosteel, quadrocarbide, and ithalium armor.
- New shields, including ion reflector, Jotun deflector, and Nephren P25 shield generator.
- New armor enhancements.
- New shield enhancements.
- [T] command selects next enemy or next friendly target.
- Docking now honors the current target selection, if appropriate.
- [.] command brings the ship to a full stop.
- Lazarus shields now consume power appropriate to their regenerating ability.
- Shield resistance adjusted for better balance.
- Black Market shipyards now installs tech IX devices. [Thanks to gannon]
- Black Market shipyards now repair armor at tech IX.
- Duralloy ore is now tech V and more expensive (though converting to armor it is still profitable) [Thanks to Burzmali]
- Fixed crash when wreck being looted by Salvager is destroyed while Salvager is attacking a threat. [Thanks to Markus Eckert]
- Fixed crash if player gets Hanzo blaster from Black Market station. [Thanks to Markus Eckert]
- Fixed crash if CSC gets destroyed in the middle of delivery mission. [Thanks to Hookoa]
- Fixed bug where Fleet delivery mission takes away all of a player's ammo.
- Fixed problem showing capacity for stations while titanium barricades selected. [Thanks to Dakota]
- Fixed problem where fuel overflows when downgrading a reactor. [Thanks to mesh]
- Fixed problem when waste cannon is found in ammunition box. [Thanks to Dorne]
- Fixed bug where player could not dock with Arena if killed but saved by insurance.
- Clear target selection after death (otherwise, chance of crash).
- Fixed bug when flashing damage while on map (wrong size ship painted).
- Agricultural station no longer sells Eridani water (since it buys it for a premium). [Thanks to blitzgerg]
- Luminous armature is now resistant to ion damage (to match description). [Thanks to Premier]
- Fixed bug in which disabled drive still draws power after save/restore. [Thanks to SparcMan]
- Keep damage flag updated in armor items. [Thanks to Unofficial Transcendence Forums]
- Drive upgrades sort with other devices (instead of at the end).
- Fixed problem if station destroyed while docking and player had inertialess drive. [Thanks to Mingan]
- Done button now shows up in Black Market docking services. [Thanks to fossaman]
- (shpOrderGate) now works with any destination. [Thanks to Jason Miao]
- Support custom weapon configurations. [Thanks to Burzmali]
- Passthrough property for weapons should be a probability. [Thanks to Jason Miao]
- Reflect attribute on shield definitions.
- New armor enhancement constants (shpEnhanceItem ...)
- OnShieldDown event for shields.
- canHitSource attribute for weapons.
- Heating and cooling rate attributes for weapons.
- Level range in item criteria.
- Fixed incorrect Arena award descriptions. [Thanks to Dakota]
- Fixed a bug in which omnidirectional launchers did not work.
- Fixed typo: "plasma torchs". [Thanks to fossaman]
- Fixed typo: "these shields generators". [Thanks to Dakota]
- Fixed typo: "an mirrored coating".
- Fixed typo: "inconsolate" -> "inconsolable". [Thanks to fossaman]
- Fixed typo in Salmonite description: "taste" -> "tastes". [Thanks to fossaman]
- Fixed typo in Korolov mission: "delivery" -> "deliver". [Thanks to OddBob]
- Save current player name after game saved. [Thanks to SevereTireDamage]
- Starting ships no longer limited by reactor size (but Extensions still allow setting a limit).
- EI500 freighter limited to installing 2 weapons maximum (including a launcher).
- Qianlong archcannon now counts as level IX weapon; also it is slightly less powerful (but still able to destroy Iocrym commandship).
- Longzhu spheres only recharge up to 60 shots (e.g., half as much as before).
- Black Market shipyard can now upgrade to 250MW reactor and can refuel using Helium Assemblies. [Thanks to gannon]
- Black Market shipyards now install weapons up to level VIII.
- Add ability to disable drives. [Thanks to Hookoa and fossaman]
- Added 500MW reactor (installed at Ringers).
- Added ammunition boxes.
- Added special Heliotrope fuel.
- Meteorsteel now resists EMP, blindness, and device damage. [Thanks to Hookoa]
- Solar armor is more effective.
- Ringer Shipyards now buy and sell weapons/armor.
- Salvagers install and use weapons and shields that they find.
- Some capital ships now have 100MW and 250MW reactors installed.
- Extensions now enforce UNID range for all items in an extension.
- Extensions can now specify starting credits for a ship class (startingCredits attribute under <PlayerSettings>).
- Reactors can now specify fuel efficiency (fuelEfficiency attribute).
- Missile speeds now accept dice ranges (speed is determined randomly at launch time).
- Fragmentation weapons don't explode if within failsafe (they do less damage).
- Fixed crash if game is saved after a Fleet delivery mission.
- Fixed crash after gating in the middle of a Commonwealth Fortress mission. [Thanks to Boris the Cat]
- Fixed crash if ordering wingmen right after coming out of gate. [Thanks to Jason Miao]
- At CSCs, free fuel honors the kinds of fuel available (e.g., no Helium fuel rods available). [Thanks to Hookoa]
- Fixed rare race condition in which auton/wingman is lost after coming out of gate.
- gPlayer and gPlayerShip are now set to Nil while player is passing through a gate.
- Fixed a bug in which enemy ships ignored an order to gate.
- When taking cargo for Fleet delivery mission, we no longer take ammo. [Thanks to OddBob]
- In mission to defend superfreighter, clear mission arrow after superfreighter docks. [Thanks to Magnus]
- Fixed bug in Ringer replace armor screen. [Thanks to the_holy_thom]
- GlobalData for station was not being initialized properly across games (could have messed-up Luminous drones).
- Fixed a bug where the sound window was sometimes visible in the task bar.
- Gaian processors should stop vacuuming debris if they are destroyed. [Thanks to Hookoa]
- Fixed typo: "affort" instead of "afford" in shipyard message.
- Fixed bug in which enabling/disabling devices was not updating weapon bonus. [Thanks to fossaman]
- "1GW" label instead of "1000MW". [Thanks to Hookoa]
- Do not abort game if sound card not installed. [Thanks to Keleus]
- Added a few new weapon types.
- Added missile exhaust effect.
- Fixed problem with mouse coordinates. [Thanks to gannon and others]
- Smuggler's cargo hold is allowed on EI500 freighter (though it adds no extra cargo).
- Fixed crash bug while updating events. The problem was that if the player was destroyed, gPlayer and gPlayerShip became invalid but we could still fire events that tried to access those. This would have happened in the OnBountyHunterCheck event. [Thanks to gannon]
- Fixed a bug in which hotels do not give you an ID. The problem was due to global variables not being reset between games. This also affected Luminous ship statistics and encounters with Jenna and Rama. [Thanks to gannon and Dakota]
- Black Market IDs are no longer marked as "Illegal" if they are unknown. [Thanks to fossaman]
- Fixed %name% in Black Market mission text.
- Fixed problem with random item names (e.g., "ROM biosoft labeled '1701'").
- Fixed Black Market Shipyard (and Ringers Shipyard) in which both "Install Device" and "Done" had the same accelerator. [Thanks to Magnus]
- Fixed problem in Commonwealth station, where exiting Reactor Upgrade menu goes to the wrong screen.
- Fixed problems with keyboard sometimes not working. [Thanks to gannon]
- Fixed command line options (they were ignored).
- Fixed typo ("Oulaw" instead of "Outlaw") [Thanks to Crom]
- Fixed typo ("At product.." instead of "A product") [Thanks to Dakota]
- Fixed typo in Battle Arena (m-dash was garbage)
- Consult this page for a list of game-play enhancements and changes.
- Encounter at hotel should not happen twice. [Thanks to Magnus]
- Fixed radiation timer (timer was inaccurate--based on 25-frames per sec.) [Thanks to Frits]
- When auton kills raiders in Centauri Occupation, player should get the credit. Note: We now count ships killed by autons in the player's score. [thanks to gannon]
- Fixed Arbalest cannon description typo. [Thanks to Forevian]
- Fixed auton dealer that didn't buy autons [Thanks to fossaman]
- Misspelling fixed (shieldss) [Thanks to fossaman]
- Fixed a crash bug in this scenario: If a stray bullet hits a station that goes on alert when attacked (like Pirate Fortress) then we might end up attacking the bullet (because we did not have a check for CanAttack). [Thanks to chris rh (email 7/31/05)]
- Fixed carbon weaver bug (armor shows blank enhancement) [Thanks to gannon]
- Fixed a crash bug in this scenario: If an object is destroyed, and an OnObjDestroyed event fires and the destroyer is NULL, then the aDestroyer variable is 0 (instead of Nil) which means that scripts that check for Nil fail. [Thanks to Quaziz (email 8/31/05)]
- Fixed a CodeChain bug which caused (lnkAppend) to fail inside of an enum. The problem was that local bindings were not working properly.
- Fixed problem with genome (male/female) not getting saved with game
- Fixed problem with missileship getting stuck in the Battle Arena. [Thanks to many reports in Forums]
- Damaged items are now worth less when sold.
- When installing upgraded shield generator, shipyards offer to replace current generator (instead of forcing player to uninstall first).
- High-level ships no longer show up on intro screen (don't want spoilers!)
- IDs should not be affected by acid from sealed containers. [Thanks to Aniki, et al]
- Implemented textual "low of fuel" warning. [Thanks to many reports in Forums]
- Fixed a problem with re-entrancy during object events. This caused random instability if the player was docked while other events were firing. [Thanks to Jason Miao]
- Fixed Agricultural station exploits. Ag station only sells grains and buys resources/luxury goods. If the station is destroyed, pirates will loot the station. Also, it is now easier to protect the station from attack (fewer Corsair-II attackers).
- Fixed a bug which showed the true level of unknown items (e.g., barrels).
- Fixed a bug which showed all level IV items as level VI.
- Fixed CMissile crash bug (problem was uninitialized m_FragmentData). Note: This also caused a bug in which some weapons appeared to be fragmentation weapons when they really were not. [Thanks to Fossaman]
- Fixed a minor memory leak with CodeChain blocks (symboltable strings were not freed.)
- Fixed mouse clicking on item list.
- Should not be able to use longzhu sphere on itself.
- Fixed typo in Heretic gate text. [Thanks to Fossaman]
- Do not assume that all dockable autons move like mules. [Thanks to OddBob]
- Squadron commands now include "Wait" command for autons.
- Sort longzhu spheres so they show after other fuel items. [Thanks to Fossaman]
- Stargates and other indestructible stations should not become radioactive. [Thanks to Jason Miao]
- When a mule auton is destroyed, there is a 5% chance that it will not leave a wreck. [Thanks to Frits]
- Starton Eridani station now display extra information for novice players.
- New item list user interface.
- Label items as "Military" or "Illegal" as appropriate. [Thanks to Fossaman]
- Added a new communications system for ordering autons.
- Fixed a bug with CSC hospital ships that undervalued medical supplies. [Thanks to Jason Miao]
- Enemy ships don't forget about you just because you jump through a gate.
- Removed accidental inclusion of radioactive waste in Commonwealth stations. [Thanks to Frits]
- Fixed text and graphics of Hanzo blaster to match capabilities. [Thanks to Ponkan]
- Superfreight escort mission is now easier (superfreighter has better armor). [Thanks to all in Forums]
- Added a cargo auton. [Thanks to OddBob, et al]
- PK10 Morningstar is slightly more powerful now.
- Hitting wrecks with radiation weapons eventually turns then radioactive. [Thanks to Ponkan]
- Added version check to make sure that Transcendence.xml is not used with older versions of Transcendence.exe.
- Fixed bug with wingmen not following player through gate (again). [Thanks to Gannon]
- Autons now accept certain orders.
- Autons stay closer to player (instead of pursuing every enemy).
- Added a couple of new auton types
- Ringers now buy promethium crystals. [Thanks to Crom]
- Fragmentation weapons do slightly less damage on a direct hit.
- Missile ships seek a safe distance to attack.
- Fixed a bug where player can end up with two cargo expansions. [Thanks to Fossaman]
- Commonwealth stations should not sell illegal items. [Thanks to Colin Freas, Magnus]
- Dark acid (Penitent weapons) should be more powerful. [Thanks to Jason Miao]
- Fixed bad error message when installing DM600 launcher. [Thanks to OddBob]
- Increased chance of encountering Commonwealth Fortress.
- Added a new Commonwealth Fortress mission.
- Korolov Shipping no longer sends freighters to unpopulated stations (such as gates or nav-signs).
- Added debug code to help find crash reported by Dan Ruff.
- Added debug code to help find crash reported by Parry X. Zane.
- Added debug code to help find problem reported by DJSlayer.
- Fixed bug with wingmen/autons not following player through gate. [Thanks to El FluffyDragon, Gannon, et al]
- After insurance claim, make sure player ship is not inside a barrier. [Thanks to Crom]
- If jumping out of Battle Arena, player should lose the contest. [Thanks to Crom]
- Ringer's collective is a bit more powerful.
- Ferians are easier to kill and slightly more common. [Thanks to Sero]
- Fixed missing "too many devices" pane in Commonwealth Fortress. [Thanks to Fossaman]
- Make sure that Corsair-II ships do not appear in level I systems. [Thanks to Gannon]
- LRS no longer shows up in docking screen (to make more room for text).
- Added debug code to help find a bug reported by Gannon.
- Sometimes two different systems are named "Flauros".
- Consult this page for a list of game-play enhancements and changes.
- Fixed a bug in which Agricultural stations still offered a mission even after mission was completed. [Thanks to Fossaman]
- Fixed a bug in which installing armor loses its enhancements. [Thanks to Crom]
- Fixed a regression bug with help text. [Thanks to Narok]
- Prevent a disposable launcher from being installed if the ship already has a launcher. [Thanks to Crom]
- Fixed a crash bug if the player tries to gate-out in the middle of a Commonwealth Fortress mission. [Thanks to Amir Alawi]
- Fixed a bug that screws-up the weapons bonus when a cannon accelerator (or other weapon-enhancing device) is installed. [Thanks to Markus Eckert, Colin Freas, et al]
- Fixed a problem that caused low frame rates on some video cards [Thanks to fossaman]
- Fixed a divide by zero bug when buying radioactive waste. [Thanks to Markus Eckert]
- Fixed a bug when installing carbide carapace armor.
- Fixed a crash bug in which area weapons did not properly clear their pointers when they destroyed an object.
- Fixed a bug in which decaying armor costs more than normal armor. [Thanks to Markus Eckert]
- Fixed a problem with the help screen. [Thanks to Narok]
- Added /debugVideo option to help debug video card problems.
- Added /debugNonExclusive option to help debug video card problems.
- Now using latest DirectX libraries. Make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed if you cannot run Transcendence.
- Korolov escort missions are now a little easier.
- Bonus from laser collimator and cannon accelerator no longer combine. That is, having two laser collimators installed does not give double bonus.
- Weapon enhancement ROM now gives +25% damage (used to be less).
- Weapon bonus now shows up in cockpit window.
- Gating through stargates is now a little easier. [Thanks to Lee Baugh and others]
- Armor repair and replacement screens now use arrow keys to move through armor segments.
- In dock screens, accelerator key is now highlighted (in yellow).
- In dock screens, unavailable options are now disabled (used to be enabled, but did nothing).
- Fixed bug in which game hangs if user switches away from app (e.g., accidentally pressing Windows key). [Thanks to Karmic and others]
- Fixed bug with laser weapons painting crooked.
- Fixed a crash when player gets killed while in 'Use Item' screen. [Thanks to David Bradley]
- Fixed a problem when brothers in hotel offer to buy player's smuggling cargo hold. [Thanks to Colin Freas]
- Added debug dump in case of crash to track down other bugs.
- Added Xenophobes encounters.
- Added Sung Slavers encounters.
- Changed Penitent encounters.
- Added nebulae star systems.
- Fixed problem where entering Captain's Bar in Commonwealth Station hangs the game.
- Fixed a problem when exiting the game while docked. [Thanks to Brian Lane]
- Initial public alpha release.