Transcendence 1.3 Beta 2 is ready for testing!
Besides fixing lots of bugs, this beta introduces 120-frame counts for all player ships.
Game Balance & UI
- All player ships use 120 rotation frames.
- Unregistered game stats are uploaded to the Multiverse.
- Maneuvering thruster effects removed (but can be added back with showManeuverEffects option in Settings.xml).
- Adjusted rotation rate for player ships. Wolfen and Sapphire have a slightly slower turn rate to increase precision.
- Autons no longer retreat when their shields are down. This prevents them from flying off in the middle of battle (but it might reduce their lifespan).
- All large ships in Corporate Command now use 120 rotation frames.
API Version 21
- Added <WeaponDisplay> element to <PlayerSettings> to allow you to replace the targeting display image.
- Added noImmobileHits, noImmutableHits, noShipHits, noStationHits, and noWorldHits to control the kinds of objects that projectiles hit.
- Added noArticle parameter to <ItemType>.
- Added startAt= to <Armor> definitions, to deal with ships like the Manticore, which don't straddle angle 0.
- Prior to 1.3 Beta 2, only stations with the "populated" attribute counted for score. In Beta 2, you may also use the "score" attribute to make a station count towards the score.
- Fixed a crash painting SRS.
- Fixed errors connecting to Multiverse.
- Handle overflowing inputs properly.
- Fixed AI problems dealing with >20 rotation frames.
- Fixed bug with invokeLetterKeys option.
- Fixed reactor display mask (thanks to pixelfck).
- Fixed a problem when rotationCount is set in image and old-style maneuverability is used.
- Fixed bad painting of targeted object.
- Fixed bug with auton bay repairing carbide carapace.
- Luminous assemblers and pteravores now show up in stats.
- Fixed a bug in which mission stations (like Cyclops Lab) appeared multiple times in the same system.
- Fixed a bug with object criteria in which t selector interfered with m selector.
- Fixed a http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6274problem]]. Prior to Beta 2 basic autons (like 1M battle auton) did not have device or reactor limits. Adding limits fixed the problem.
- Fixed a bug in which player ship sometimes did not draw on top of other ships.
New Corporate Cruiser
In Beta 2 I've remodelled the iconic Corporate Cruiser. The original was great, but I wanted to add a little more detail, particularly for hero shots. Moreover, the windows on the original were too big for a ship that size (275 meters).
I kept the clean, rounded lines typical of Rasiermesser designs (in contrast to Makayev ships). But I wanted to make it imposing and massive, like a cross between Moby Dick and an Airbus 380.
New to the credits this release:
- Ultimate Chicken
- Watch TV, Do Nothing
Thanks to all!